A cloud-based video conference alternative from Blue Jeans Network overcomes many of the limitations of traditional video conference products without requiring organizations to abandon their existing investments. Blue Jeans circumvents the limitations of on-premise video conference products by offering:
- Interoperability. Blue Jeans enables video conferencing between multiple users on any video client, including Google video chat, Microsoft Lync, Jabber, room-based video conference products (Cisco/Tandberg, Polycom, LifeSize, and others), and standard Web browsers.
- Scalability. A multipoint cloud-based video conference product supports the dynamic expansion of user capacity to meet demand. Such high scalability, or “bursting,” enables Blue Jeans customers to easily accommodate any increase in the number of conference participants.
- Ease of use. Blue Jeans offers an intuitive, easy-to-use Web interface that allows individual users to schedule, join and host meetings. All system management, software enhancements and updates are administered by Blue Jeans.
- Performance. Blue Jeans’ high-performance video conference product ensures that participants receive the best audio/video experience. Since all of the video transcoding is done in the Blue Jeans cloud, each participant receives the highest quality video that their connection allows ensuring an optimized meeting experience for each user.
- Extensibility. Integration with business applications provides Blue Jeans customers the ability to extend the use of the service with familiar applications they already use, such as Microsoft Outlook for scheduling, Salesforce.com for in-application video calling, and LinkedIn for viewing participant profiles.