At a time when organizations seek to streamline operations and increase efficiencies, the desire to support a larger number of platform-diverse users in face-to-face video meetings is on the rise. Emerging cloud-based telecommunications collaboration software can complement pre-existing on-premise telecommunications collaboration solutions by allowing customers to leverage previous capital expenditures and thus benefit from the flexibility offered by cloud-based telecommunications collaboration software.
A cloud-based alternative from Blue Jeans Network overcomes many of the limitations of traditional telecommuniation collaboration deployments without requiring organizations to abandon their existing investments. Blue Jeans circumvents the limitations of on-premise telecommunications collaboration solutions by offering:
- Interoperability -Blue Jeans allows video conferencing among multiple users on any video client, including Google video chat, Microsoft Lync, Jabber, room-based video systems (Polycom, Cisco, LifeSize, and others), and standard Web browsers.
- Scalability. Multipoint cloud-based telecommunications collaboration software supports the dynamic expansion of user capacity to meet demand.
- Ease of use. Blue Jeans offers an intuitive, easy-to-use Web interface that allows individual users to schedule, join and host meetings. In-meeting controls give participants the ability to change layouts, share screens, mute audio/video, view meeting participants lists and manage their meetings.
- Performance. Blue Jeans’ high-performance video platform ensures that participants receive the best audio/video experience.
- Extensibility. Integration with business applications provides Blue Jeans customers the ability to extend the use of the service with familiar applications they already use, such as Microsoft Outlook for scheduling, Salesforce.com for in-application video calling, and LinkedIn for viewing participant profiles.