In recent years, there has been a significant change in the way an online meeting is being conducted. When in-person meetings are not possible, over fifty per cent of business professionals choose to conduct their virtual meetings with video instead of pure audio. With cloud-based video communication, business productivity does not suffer even with bad weather or a dispersed workforce. It allows participants to join meetings from any location while keeping the all-important face-to-face element intact.
Survey Findings on Online Meeting
- Face time helps businesses close deals. Slight over 70 per cent of business owners think no face time during online meetings is a deal breaker, underscoring the importance of face-to-face interaction through video conferencing. Also, video meetings force people to stay focused on the meeting instead of multitasking or even napping, which six per cent of people admitted to doing during audio-only meetings.
- The Internet is everyone's meeting place. Global collaboration is high as professionals and companies virtually work together across the world most frequently between San Francisco and New York in the US and Singapore, Prague and Dubai.
If you can’t go out, just go online. When bad weather prevents travelling to your workplace, you don’t have to miss anything at work as long as you have internet connection and can start an online meeting. In fact, during the winter storms back in 2013, there was a 20 percent surge in meetings.
Advantages of Online Video Meetings
- It’s effective. When people can meet online from anywhere, things are expected to be done quicker. If there's a matter that needs to be resolved immediately, people involved can reach each other faster to make a quick decision. A short video conference can easily eliminate long email conversations. Online video meetings tend to have more energy that fuels discussion, brainstorming, collaboration and problem solving.
- It's more complete. Video conferencing captures nonverbal cues from people that make communication more complete. This allows the host or speaker to react and adjust speech or response accordingly. Seeing some people yawning or checking the time signal that the meeting is probably taking longer than it should or that the speaker should try to be more engaging. On the other hand, if participants look alert or nodding in agreement, then, the speaker knows they are paying attention. All of these cues are gone in audio-only online meeting, which can result in miscommunication or misinterpretation.
- It's personal. The simple fact is, if you're a remote worker, it is nice to put a face to the voice of people you work with. Seeing who you're meeting online adds a richer dimension to meetings that makes it as close as you can get to being in the same room. Video conferencing builds a feeling of community because being able to see each other during meetings allows for more social interaction, which leads to better working relationships.
The Blue Jeans Online Meeting Solution
Don’t just meet with your team. Meet up with them and enjoy a richer online meeting experience. Add a visual connection to your meetings with Blue Jeans video conferencing solution. We deliver a video-centric communication service with multiple features that enhance team collaboration such as seamless video conferencing across multiple different devices and HD content sharing.
High Definition Video Expands Online Collaboration
Blue Jeans' in-the-cloud video collaboration service helps connect traditional conference room systems with dispersed participants in remote locations, whether they are using desktops, laptops, mobile devices or landline phones. Our service can also bring together into a single meeting multiple varied endpoints (up to 25 participants) from vendors such as Cisco, Google, Huawei, Microsoft Lync, Lifesize, Polycom, Sony and any website browser.
Key Features of Blue Jeans Online HD Video Conferencing:
- Cost-effective Video Conferencing – Blue Jeans has partnered with major vendors of room video systems to quickly transform traditional conference rooms into high definition video meeting rooms, without requiring new infrastructure investments.
- Dual HD Streams – Share content in real-time simultaneous with live video feed of your meeting. Each participant has the ability to control both video and content.
- Mobile Meetings – Blue Jeans' mobile application for iOS and Android systems extends interoperable video meetings to mobile device users.
How Are Organizations Using Blue Jeans?
- Distance Training/Learning: Extend the training room beyond the walls of your office to anyone who has a video device and Internet access.
- Global Workforce Communication: Connect with remote teams from across the world, no matter what video meeting platform they are using.
- After Office Hours Communication: Reach people even after normal office hours to discuss critical issues or to complete urgent jobs.
- Multiparty Collaboration: Discuss and share ideas. Work with people within your organization or outside, including partners, vendors and customers.
Experience the Blue Jeans advantage. Contact us to learn more about our interoperable online meeting solution with HD video conferencing or request for a demo now.