Blue Jeans for IT
The roles within the corporate IT function are more challenging and complex than ever before. IT professionals today are tasked with architecting and maintaining operational excellence of the company’s networking and communications infrastructure while responding to growing pressure to reduce costs, enable business innovation and improve business processes. Add to the mix internal and external stakeholders’ requests to use video conferencing, and already-overloaded IT resources become even more strained.
To complicate matters further, employees are now bringing their consumer technology into the workplace, with roughly one-third of U.S. information workers using a personal mobile phone for work. From iPhones to Android tablets, the consumerization of IT is quickly making the IT landscape more complex than ever before.
To support the growing trend toward using video conferencing, many IT professionals are exploring ways to support consumer applications like Skype and Google within their existing communications infrastructure. The value of mobile collaboration is clearly evident — but finding an affordable, secure and interoperable solution that’s scalable and requires little or no IT support has long been a challenge.
Blue Jeans solves the video conferencing challenge, giving employees the service they desire along with the secure infrastructure IT demands.
The benefits of Blue Jeans' video conferencing service are clear:
- Blue Jeans in the cloud eliminates inbound dialing into your network, so your meetings stay secure. Participants “dial out” to access meetings, leaving would-be hackers outside your firewall.
- Meeting hosts use an intuitive Web interface that sends visible and audible notifications anytime someone joins or leaves a meeting. The meeting console also displays an active roster of participants and includes controls for muting audio and video, removing participants or locking meeting access.
- Default encryption includes H.235, secure SIP, SRTP, AES-128 and 256, and https:// with SSL for all Web sessions.
- Administrative controls include group and user management, so IT can add, manage or remove users, set security levels, encrypt meetings and view usage across the organization.
- User privacy is protected with temporary meeting IDs, so no “buddy information” is shared. Additional PINs can also be easily selected for enhanced security.
- Businesses can deploy video systems behind simple NAT firewalls through intelligent NAT detection in the cloud without worrying about complex and cumbersome “gatekeepers.”
Ease of Use
- Employees can schedule and host their own video conference meetings without IT’s involvement. With Blue Jeans’ “Meet Me” service and simple one-click-join functionality, everyone can enjoy the benefits of Blue Jeans meetings, anytime, from any location — no reservations required.
- Blue Jeans includes integrated scheduling through ICS calendaring into Google Calendar and Outlook to ensure that meeting reminders are accurately set and important meetings are never missed.
- Blue Jeans is the most interoperable solution on the market today.
- Device and network agnostic and compatible with all the popular business and consumer video conferencing systems available, including PC, Mac, video conference room systems and mobile devices, Blue Jeans seamlessly interoperates with disparate systems without any expensive add-ons.
- Regardless of what firewall must be traversed, Blue Jeans makes meetings happen; and best of all, with Blue Jeans you’ll no longer be handcuffed to a single vendor for your video conferencing needs.
- With Blue Jeans’ cloud-based architecture, expensive infrastructure and technology headaches are a thing of the past. Our scale and service are flexible, allowing you immediate access to added capacity and utilization to easily accommodate your changing business needs.
- Blue Jeans is focused on delivering the highest possible user experience, high-quality audio and video, and compatibility with all the most popular video-enabled systems. With our frequent product updates, you’ll always stay on top of the latest Blue Jeans features without having to do any extra work to receive them.
- Host or attend a meeting and be up and running in minutes by simply using a video-enabled device and an Internet connection — no custom hardware or software downloads are required. Blue Jeans even provides training for your employees to help support faster and broader user adoption.
- With support for all of the most popular video conferencing systems, you can increase the utilization of your past technology investments by including the Blue Jeans service within your organization. And because we continually review video and device technology advancements, we take care of adding new endpoint support solutions on your behalf.
- Our Blue Jeans service is available through a variety of pricing plans to fit your organization’s budget requirements. Delivered on a subscription basis, our service requires no costly upfront capital expenditures.
To learn more, request that a Blue Jeans representative contact you.
Start using Blue Jeans today!
Sign up now for a 14-day free trial, and enjoy:
- Unlimited video & audio minutes
- Conference up to 25 participants
Use Skype, Google Video Chat or any room
system (Polycom, Cisco, LifeSize) to host your call
 Jackson, Paul and Nagel, Bill. Forrester Research. Consumer Technology in the Workplace: Blessing or Curse? September 6, 2006.